From diagnosis to discharge, we deliver world-class cardiac care. In 1987, The Medical Center of Plano became the first hospital in Collin County to provide comprehensive cardiovascular medicine to its patients. Today, HeartLink™ is the only cardiology program in Collin County with:
- Four disease certifications from The Joint Commission.
- An accredited cardiac rehabilitation center
- Full Chest Pain Center Cycle III accreditation with PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Accreditation from the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Accreditation in nuclear cardiology from the American College of Nuclear Cardiology.
- Specialized care for women through HeartCaring, a national certification program honoring excellence in gender-specific heart care
- Recognition from BlueCross BlueShield as a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care®
- Premium® Specialty Center Designation from United HealthCare.
- Mended Hearts, a support group for patients and their families during the recovery process
Our services include state-of-the-art heart and vascular medicine and surgery, cardiovascular imaging, and fully integrated emergency hospital and intensive coronary care services. View the full list of patient services, treatments and procedures.
Acute Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack) Team Leaders
John M. Saad M.D.
Mark A. Gamber D.O.
Mordecai N. Klein M.D., F.A.C.C.
Heart Failure Team Leaders
Susan L. Pryor M.D.
M. Zaim Nawaz, M.D.
Coronary Bypass Team Leader
Thomas Hoang M.D.
Cardiovascular Wellness and Prevention Team Leader.
M. Akram Kahn M.D., F.A.C.C., F.S.C.A.I.
Cardiology Medical Directors
John Duncan M.D., Chief
J. Russ Strader M.D., Vice-Chief.
Cardiac Electrophysiology Medical Director.
Rajjit Abrol M.D.